Admission to the Full time PhD program
Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan Deemed University, Bhubaneswar, (declared U/S 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 ) since its inception in 2007 has been at the forefront nourishing a learning ambience, encouraging academic research and innovationsand developing well qualifiedpeoplein all domains. It has been accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade.
Admission to Ph.D. programmefor January 2017session is open to mostly the FULL TIMEresearch scholar applicants, in the faculty of Engineering, Sciences, Pharmaceutical sciences, MedicalSciences, Dental Science, Biotechnology, Nursing, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Law. Besides the Ph.D. program is also open to the different departments of Sciences and Humanities and Social sciences.
ELIGIBILITY - The applicants must have any of the following degrees at the time of application.
- M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Pharma. / M.Phil / MHMCT / MHA / LLM / MD / MS / MDS / M.Sc. (Nursing) or equivalent in relevant discipline with a minimum of 6.75 CGPA in a 10 point scale or 60 percent of marks in aggregate.
- B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm./MCA or equivalent in relevant discipline with CGPA of 7.75 or 70 percent and above marks in aggregate and one publication in a reputed National Journal and one in reputed International Journal and minimum work experience of 2 years.
- Scientist or researcher from National Laboratories / industry and more than 10 years of research experience, two papers Publications (One in National Journal and one in International Journal) with 6.75 CGPA or 60 percent in aggregate.
- MBBS (Medical Science with 6.25 CGPA or 55 percent of marks in aggregate. M. Sc. / M. Phil in Clinical Psychology with 6.75 CGPA or 60 percent of marks in aggregate.
- BDS (Dental Science) with CGPA 6.75 or 60 percent marks in aggregate.
- M.Sc. In Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Biotechnology and other related disciplines with CGPA 6.75 or 60 percent marks in aggregate.
- M.A. in English / Economics/ Library and Information Science / Literature with CGPA 6.25 or 55 percent of marks.
- MBA/ PGDM/ (AICTE approved)/ M. Com./ MA in Economics/ PMIR/ M. Tech industrial Engg. / Public administration, with 6.75 CGPA or 60 percent in aggregate. (Only for Business Administration)
APPLICATION PROCESS - Interested candidates for full time research scholars can apply to SIKSHA ‘O’ ANUSANDHAN UNIVERSITY through online mode only. For details and instructions, please visit SIKSHA ‘O’ ANUSANDHAN UNIVERSITY web site: www.soauniversity.ac.in
ADMISSION PROCESS - Candidates will have to qualify through a written test and personal interview of the shortlisted candidates.
The following is the list of different disciplines and broad areas of research with the number of intended intake in respective disciplines.
Electrical Engineering (3) : Distributed renewable power generation, Power system operation and planning, Energy storage in smart grids, Power System operation and scheduling , Solar power system, Soft computing, Control systems
Electronics Communication Engineering (3) : Video object detection and tracking, Electronics devices, Wireless Energy. Transmission, Signal and Image Processing Biomedical Signal and image processing, Optical Communication Network. Storage Devices (solar cells & super capacity Micro strip Antenna. Mobile Communication.
Mechanical Engineering (2) : Composite material, Metal erosion , Fracture Mechanics , Fuel and Energy, Application of nano-fluid in heat transfer, Nanofluid Multi-Phase fluid flow and Heat transfer, Energy.
Civil Engineering (2) : Geoinformatics, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering Climate Change and Environmental Impact.
Computer Sc. & Engineering (2) : Software Testing, Natural Language Processing, Cloud Computing , Cloud Computing, Internet of Things, Business Intelligence
Chemistry (2): Synthesis and characterization of thermoresponsive microgels and smart hydrogel films with tunable mechanical and swelling behavior. Physico-chemical studies of solute-solvent interactions in solutions. Solvent extraction and separation of rare earths and transition metals. Computational material science, SAR/QSPR models. Environmental monitoring, remediation and waste utilization. Bioremediation of waste water and eco-toxicological evaluation. Ambient and Stack air quality monitoring and modeling.
Physics (2) : ferroelectrics and multi-ferroics , Theoretical Nuclear Physics, Nuclear Structure & Reaction, Application of Quantum Mechanics (Photonics, BEC and other interdisciplinaries), Experimental Condensed Matter Physics, (Electron Spectroscopy, Thin film & Magnetism).
Centre of Nano science and Nano Technology (2) : Nanomaterials for energy storage (Physics), Catalysis , Photocatalysis, nanomaterials for application in energy, environmental and fone chemical synthesis (Chemistry)
Centre of Excellence Theoretical & Mathematical Sciences (1) : High Energy Physics Phenomenology, High Energy Physics Theory Cosmology
Mathematics (2) : Heat and mass transfer of fluidflow problem, Finite element analysis of fluid problems. Newtonian, Non-Newtonian and Nano fluid flow
Institute of Business and Computer Studies (1) : Digital Marketing
Hospitality and Tourism Management (1) : Hospitality management and tourism management
Medical Science (2) : Diagnosis and characterization of Helicobacter pylori incriminated to gastric ulcer, Epidemiology characterization of maternal rubella infection and its outcome during the course of pregnancy .Surgical oncology, Psycho-oncology
Dental Sciences (2) : Dental caries, Infantoral health care, Management of Trauma in children, Head and neck oncology, Genetic regulation in Head and neck region, forensic odontology, Normal development and its disturbances in the oral cavity
Pharmaceutical sciences (2): Development of Target Specific Novel Drug Delivery Systems For Localised Drug Delivery, Stability assessment of Ayush/Ayurvedic /Herbal formulations, Development of SOP for manufacture and quality control of Ayush/Ayurvedic/Herbal formulations, Pharmacological Studies , Novel drug delivery system , Herbal technology, Drug designing and Synthesis , New method development .
Centre of biotechnology (2) : Medicinal chemistry, biotechnology, Microbial Biotechnology, Genomics and metabolomics.
SIKSHA ‘O’ ANUSANDHAN UNIVERSITY, ITER Campus
PO-Khandagiri, Bhubaneswar - 751030
Mrs. Sagarika Dash
Mobile No.: 9778711100
Phone: 0674 - 2350181 Extn.- 1137
Last date for Submission of Application : 09.01.2017
Dates for Written Tests & Interview : 20.01.2017 & 21.01.2017
FEES FOR Ph.D. PROGRAMME
Admission / Registration Fee : Rs. 7,000/‐
Preparatory Course Fee : Rs. 25,000/‐
Annual Tuition fee: Rs. 25,000/‐
Thesis Examination Fee: Rs. 15,000/-
Scholarship of Rs. 20000/‐ per month will be awarded to deserving full time research scholars.