JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW (under DHR approved project)
Duration: 2 years (subject to renewal at 1 year) from October 1st 2016.
M.Sc. degree holders in Life Sciences who have qualified in the CSIR/UGC or ICMR/PGI National Entrance Test (NET) or CSIR/UGC NET and have a valid certificate
M.A./Master in Social Work (MSW) degree holders who have qualified in the National Entrance Test (NET) of the UGC in Social Sciences.
Project Investigator- Dr Lipilekha Patnaik (IMS and SUM Hospital)
Other Investigators – Dr Sandeep Kumar Panigrahi (IMS and SUM Hospital), Dr Debahuti Mishra (ITER), Endocrinologist (IMS and SUM Hospital)
Name of the project: Use of public health informatics for promotion of healthy lifestyle and prevention of complications among newly diagnosed patients of Type II Diabetes – A randomized controlled trial
Approved by: Department of Health Research, Government of India
Department of approval: Department of Community medicine, IMS and SUM Hospital.
Novelty of the research: This research explores whether newly diagnosed type II diabetes patients are benefited as equally by use of mobile based application as by an online platform. This research will also explore the limitations of mobile application and online portal and find out the solutions to these.
1. To develop an individualized and targeted mobile based intervention model for promotion of healthy lifestyle among newly diagnosed patients with type II Diabetes
2. To study the effect of a mobile based application for promotion of healthy lifestyle and prevention of complications among these patients.
3. To assess the additional benefits of having a mobile based application as compared to internet based portal.
4. To find out the limitations of using mobile based application and/ or internet based portal among diabetes patients.
Nature of work:
- Counseling and recruitment of subjects
- Follow up of subjects
- Data cleaning and entry
- Data analysis (if having knowledge)
- Report writing
- Any other work as needed for the project by the project team
First and second year: Rs. 16,000/- per month
Subsequent year (if extended): Rs. 18,000/- per month
(Any other form of remuneration like HRA will not be provided).
Applicants not having part eligibility may apply, and may be considered in case of unavailability of applicants for the position.
Apply your CV under the following heads:
to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy marked to PI at email@example.com
1. Personal details (like Name, Age, Gender, Address and contact number, email id)
2. Educational Qualification (In decreasing order, latest qualification written first)
3. Languages known (with level of each language as only understand/ speak and understand/ speak, understand and write)
4. Experience in years (with details in chronological order, along with nature of work assigned at each level)
5. Research experience in year (with details in chronological order, along with nature of research work/ project engaged)
6. Software that can be handled (Specially MS Office Word, Excel, Power point, and any other statistical software will be an additional merit)
7. At least two references from his/her subject field (With signed scanned endorsements, if possible)
Note: Applicant may be subjected to medical fitness test, if thought as necessary by the project team after selected at IMS and SUM Hospital.
Last date for submission of application: 25.09.16 till 5 pm
Probable date of interview: 27.09.16